The Builders Association of Greater Indianapolis (BAGI) has reported that home building activity in Central Indiana continued its rise in April, for the third straight month.
Homebuilders filed 521 single-family building permits in the nine-county area in April, which is up five percent from 496 filed in April of last year. In addition, it’s a 14 percent increase from March 2014.
Hamilton County was the highest of the nine counties, with 214 permits filed in April. This is an increase of 15 percent over last April. Here are some other stats:
– Marion County: 61 permits were filed; a decrease of 10 percent
– Hendricks County: 1 percent increase
– Boone County: 30 percent increase
– Hancock County: 27 percent increase
– Johnson County: 9 percent decrease
– Madison, Morgan and Shelby Counties: all showed a drop in filings
If you’re looking for property on which to build your dream home, contact me. I have lots listed in Cambridge waiting JUST for you or can help you find exactly the property you’re looking to find!